Enter the name server for an external hosting provider
To enter the name servers of your external hosting provider, log in to your Moniker account.
First click on Domains -> My Domains on the left and then in the overview directly on the respective domain.
Now click on "Whois / Nameserver" and scroll to the Nameserver section. Select type "External nameserver". Please enter the nameservers of your external provider. If more than 3 nameservers are required, please click on "Add". Once the new name servers have been entered, please click on Save.
Notes on external name servers
- "External name servers" allows you to use the name servers of an external DNS provider. You only need to enter the desired name servers (not the IP address of the nameservers).
- The configuration of external name servers cannot be done via our web interface, because we have no access to external name servers.
- If you want to use the Moniker nameservers, simply select the Moniker Standard nameserver instead.
- The Whitelabel nameservers offer the same functionality as our standard nameservers. However the name of the nameservers used does not allow an obvious conclusion to be drawn about the provider.
- The parking nameservers can be used if the domain is not currently being used or is not intended to. Advertising is placed.
- You can select "load nameserver from domain", then another line appears for the name of the domain where the nameservers you want to use are already in use.
- Please note that changing the nameservers can take up to 8 hours or more until it becomes effective.